Emerald Lane’s Simple Steak Recipe
Total Time: approx. 12-14 Minutes
Rib Eye, T-Bone or Sirloin Steak (thawed)
Place thawed steak(s) on broiler pan. Season salt to taste, both sides. Broil on high for 6 minutes each side. (7 minutes if you prefer a more well done steak).
*Great beef needs no steak sauce*
Mediterranean Beef and Salad Pita
Total Time: approx. 25-30 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled herb-flavored feta cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared regular or reduced fat non-creamy Italian dressing or other vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
- 4 pita breads, toasted
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8-10 minutes, breaking into ¾ inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Pour off drippings.
- Add lettuce, cheese, dressing, and olives to beef mixture; toss to combine. Top pitas with equal amounts of beef mixture.
The Easiest Roast You Ever Made
Total Time: approx. 8 hours
Makes 4-6 servings
- Roast of Choice (Chuck Roast is our favorite)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Onion
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1-2 cups water
- Place frozen roast into crock pot
- 1-2 cups of water, enough to coat the bottom of the pot
- Pour can of cream of mushroom soup over roast
- Add Onion Soup Mix
- Chop onion to desired size and add on top of roast and soup
- May also add garlic, peppers, carrots, and or potatoes as desired
- Set Crock Pot on low for about 8 hours
Goes together great with a side salad and/or steamed vegetables!
*visit www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com for this and more great recipes!*
Want to know more about the world of beef? Here are some links:
Wisconsin Beef Council – general information about the beef industry as well as some tasty recipes.
North Central Wisconsin Cattleman’s Association – Our local group of cattlemen
American Angus Association – see what is going on in the Angus world